Thursday, August 23, 2012

Shauna: Needles and Hooks Organizer



For today's post I decided to get organized.  Last week my mom bought me a bag full of knitting needles from a thrift store for a whopping $6!  I was of course thrilled and went to look up several more knitting projects Ravelry.com (if you haven't checked the site out, do it!) to feed my  new obsession.  But now I had a big mess of needles, and some extremely curious boys, so I decided I needed a place to put them.  I have always wanted to make a needle holder, but wasn't sure I wanted to take most of the afternoon to make one.  Then I realized if I used a fabric that was already hemmed and ready to go it wouldn't take long at all.  I decided to use a flour sack towel (only about $4 for 4 at Target), fold it in half twice and measure the needles accordingly then I would have an awesome holder.  And that is just what I did.


 


Now I am the kind of girl who prefers to do a lot of guess work when I sewing because I am anything but a perfectionist and I'm lazy, but for this case, you don't have to be too percise and it still turns out great.   I loved using this towel because it is a sturdy fabric that will hold together well even with pointy needles.



 I pinned while my needles and hooks were in the clothe so I could see how big I should make each opening and it worked out very well.




This is the finished product.  If you notice below I used the bottom fold for my crochet hooks and my circular needles.  I loved how it turned out, and there is still lots of room for more needles and hooks!




And this is how it looks all rolled up.  


3 comments:

  1. Nice, Shauna! I don't really know how to crochet, but I have a bunch of hooks. :) I need to make one of these!
    -Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so pretty all bundled up! I love it!
    -Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was trying to figure out what to do with my stash which is currently unorganized in a jar on a shelf. Now I know! Thanks, Shauna!

    ReplyDelete