Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Allison: Pizza Balls

Hello, again!  Yep... still pregnant, if anyone was wondering.  Hopefully next week I'll be MIA, but probably not.  :)

My crafting desire lately has been as slow as my waddle.  So, this week I'm turning to my best friend lately: food.  Last night I tried a dinner idea that I found on (surprise surprise) Pinterest.  I had canned jumbo biscuits in the fridge, along with marinara sauce and string cheese, so I thought I'd try these pizza balls.  My husband came home when I was starting to prepare the balls, and convinced me to wait while he ran out to get pepperoni.   I didn't follow a specific recipe, opting instead to play it by ear.  Here's what I did:



Step #1- rolled out biscuits to about twice their size

Step #2- placed 3 pepperoni pieces, 2-3 small cubes of cut string cheese, and a spoonful of sauce in
              center of biscuit dough

Step #3- pulled and pinched edges together, placed edges down in lightly sprayed muffin tin

Step #4- lightly brushed tops with butter, and sprinkled garlic salt on top

Step #5- baked at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until tops were golden

Done!  They turned out pretty great.  I kind of felt like it was too much bread compared to filling, but I couldn't get much more inside without the sauce squeezing out.  I used the jumbo flaky biscuits (which tasted great), but next time I might try the smaller biscuits, to see how they compare.  At this point, I'm just proud of myself for even making dinner.  My husband also seemed to enjoy these.  They would make a great football party snack/treat.

Hope you all have a great week, and that you don't hear from me next week.  :)


Allison

4 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try these. They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so fun to make! Thanks for sharing Allison :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ladies definitely have to try these. I was surprised how easy they were, and pretty stinking good. I had to stop myself after a couple. :)
    -Allison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done! What a good looking dinner!
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete