My older daughter has been completely obsessed with Tinker Bell for awhile now, so this costume was a given. I'd seen multiple tutu tutorials on Pinterest, and thought I'd give it a try. I love the tutu that Sara shared on this post. I followed the tutorial found here and only made a couple of adjustments. I used my ruler and mat to make the cutting of the strips a little easier. Tulle can be hard to work with, but this method made it more manageable.
I also alternated colors to add more dimension. I definitely recommend putting the elastic or ribbon on the back of a chair while you tie the tulle. This was very helpful and made the work go pretty quick. Just be careful not to stretch the elastic too much, or you'll end up having to cut it down. Overall, I love how it turned out!
To finish off her costume, I made two small tulle puffs to tie to her shoes, and bought a pair of white wings. The hardest part of the project was finding a green shirt to match. After looking at multiple stores, I decided I'd have to dye a shirt myself. I had never used RIT dye, but figured it wouldn't be too hard to figure out. Once I discovered this site, it was a piece of cake, and came out the perfect color.
|She looks a little dazed, but you get the idea. :)|
For Norah's costume, I kind of cheated. I saw something about Wonder Woman on Pinterest, and sifted through a bin of baby clothes a friend of mine had given to us. After finding something that would work, it only took a few sewed lines, and some felt to turn my baby into a superhero. I am in love with the final result and had a lot of fun putting it together. She was pretty much a hit at our church Halloween party. :)