Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Allison: Pumpkin Spice Cookies

Hello, again!  First off, I would also like to send my condolences to Lisa's extended family for the lost of their brother-in-law, son-in-law and father.  I remember Greg from various encounters years ago, and he was a great man.  Any contributions that could be made to support this amazing family, would be incredibly appreciated (see Sara's last post).

I'm not sure where time is going, but another week is here, and I'm still not 100% back to my crafting and baking self.  So for this week, I thought I'd share one of my favorite Fall recipes: Pumpkin Spice Cookies.  They have been a go-to treat each Autumn since I first tasted them in Sara's kitchen.  (Sorry, Sara, if I'm stealing a post idea.  At least I'm giving you credit!)  This yummy treat is incredibly easy and amazingly delicious.  Here's how you make them:

1- box of spice cake mix
1- 15 oz can of pureed pumpkin
chocolate chips (optional, but essential at the same time)

That's it!  You combine all ingredients, spoon onto a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes (until they're set).  Can you think of an easier treat?  They're so moist and delicious and always a crowd pleaser.  I was going to make some, but let's face it... getting to the store is still a little tricky.  But I'll definitely be making them this season, and I'll try to post some then.  Sorry for the lame post!  I'll get back into the swing of things soon.  Promise.  What's your favorite Fall treat??

Have a great week!!


Allison

4 comments:

  1. ha ha! I just went and got the ingredients to do this for tomorrows post. Dang! I love this recipe though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man! I'm sorry (again)! Please still make them! Everyone needs to see how yummy they look. :)
    -Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally going to go make them right now! I have a friend that needs a visit and with that should always come treats, right? I came to the computer to find a yummy-easy-quick recipe and found this. Thank you Allison...and Sara!! You guys'er awesome!(and everyone else on this blog too- I love it!)
    By the way...it took my like 5 tries to get the dumb words below...what the heck?! Who comes up with these things??!!!

    ReplyDelete