Friday, August 17, 2012

Shauna: The Cowl








So I know it's preemptive but I'm aching for fall.  I love fall.  I love the trees, the excitement of the start of the holidays, the yummy pumpkin bread, and of course the clothes.  This year my big fall obsession is the cowl scarf.  What an ingenious idea, it's a hood, it's a cowl, it's a shawl.  IT is wonderful,  I got on last year and wore it everyday.  I decided this year everyone in my family needs one.  This week I've been working on my knitting skills, and I've started work on a mini cowl for the boys (pictures to come).  But meanwhile here are some ideas, if you too are looking to get some fall prep on.  I know some people think cowls for men are weird, but I love them.  What are your thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. Abigail gave me one of these (only done with jersey) for my birthday and I LOVE it! I can't wait for fall to wear it every day!
    -Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Makes me want fall here ASAP! And next time we are together could you give me a refresher course on knitting? I remember something about "knit one, pearl two" but haven't the foggest idea how to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I love a good cowl. I think they look really sexy on men...maybe I'll get ambitious and make one for blake. I wish we could knit by the fire together!

    ReplyDelete