Thursday, May 17, 2012

Katrina: For Memorial Day

WARNING:  This post does not have pictures... yet...

So far this week, we've seen a lot of delicious recipes, so I thought I'd go along with it.  So, here is a very yummy fruit slushy drink that I tried at a recipe group I used to go to.  The one who shared the recipe called it "Thanksgiving Slush" because her family always had it at Thanksgiving.  But, I think it would work perfectly on Memorial day as well.  Here is the recipe:

Thanksgiving Slush

Ingredients:
Lemon Ice:
2-3 C Sugar                                                     2 Pkg Frozen Raspberries
8 C Water                                                        1 can Pineapple Tidbits
3/4 C Lemon Juice                                          5 Bananas, sliced

Directions:
1. Boil 4 cups water and sugar together for 5 minutes.
2. Use 2 C sugar if using sweetened raspberries, 3 C if fresh.
3. Add remaining 4 cups cold water and lemon juice. Mix together and freeze (overnight if possible). Set out for 1 1/2 hours before serving to thaw.
4. Add raspberries, pineapple and bananas. Stir together and serve!

(If you'd like to see a picture, I will hopefully be able to post it tomorrow... or soon after...)

But, believe me, this is worth trying!!!!!!!!!!

So, enjoy this delicious fruit drink along with all those delicious food recipes that have been posted!

Katrina

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that sounds good!! I like all the flavors that drink has going on. And who doesn't like a slushy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!!! My boys would love this!

    ReplyDelete