Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sara Jane: Father's Day

My father with my son.
I LOVE celebrating Father's Day not only because I get to show/tell my own father how much I love him and how wonderful he is but because I (and my kiddos) get to try to show my hubby just how much he means to our family.

The relationship I have with my father is different than any other relationship in my life.  I've been trying to think of words to explain it....but I can't.

My dad has helped me all through my life in obtaining my education (he spent countless hours (re)teaching me math and critiquing English papers), has counseled me on nearly every subject on which one may need counseling and has set an example of service that I can only hope to emulate.

My father is my hero.

This is one of my favorite pictures of my Abraham.
That is our 6-month old in his shirt :)
As for my own husband...my children love no one more than they love their daddy and their daddy is one of the best out there.  He is kind, patient, soft, playful and LOVES to snuggle (which my kids can't seem to get enough of).

He thinks of his wife and his children before anyone else, even himself.  He will do everything in his power to make sure that we not only have what we need but have what we want.

I doubt I will ever be able to put into words the love and admiration I have for these two men in my life.  I hope my son grows up to be the man that his daddy and grandpas are.

For Father's Day, I have found the perfect treat to make for Abraham...Cake Pops. A few years ago, I stumbled upon this fun blog all about Cake Pops.  I tried making them once and, well, I'm not going to lie...they were horrible.  Disgusting, in fact.  So, I never made them again...until yesterday, that is.  While out picking up ingredients to make a cake for my brother's birthday party, I found a cake pop pan.  SERIOUSLY?!?  I can resist very little when I go shopping so....I bought it and I LOVE it!























So, today, I baked up about 40 cake pop balls, melted some white and milk chocolate, squashed up some candy bars and assembled these delicious treats with my babies.  They were a hit and pretty yummy (which is strange because I really don't like cake).



After making up enough pops for everyone to have a few, I made some chocolate cake bites with milk chocolate drizzled over the top.  And, just because we had oodles of delicious, fresh-picked Oregon strawberries in the refrigerator, P and I decided to do chocolate dipped strawberries, too.



 I also made a little card to go with the delicious treats.  Kinda cheesy but I think we all secretly like a little cheesiness in our life.  It is also in a google doc here.


Here's what it looks like put together.  I decorated these cake pops with Heath Bar pieces.  




 To end...here's my love with my little Bea.  We went and picked/stuffed our mouths with the most delicious strawberries at Farmer John's...our favorite local farm.


If you live in the McMinnville area and would like to buy a yummy treat for the dad in your life, I am accepting orders now for the cake pops to be picked up on the 16th.  I can deliver out of town depending on how far you are.  For you out of staters...I can try to ship but I don't know how good they would be when they arrived :)  If you're interested, click here for the pricing/contact information.  Thanks!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

Loves

Sara Jane

3 comments:

  1. Mmm...those look really good! And chocolate dipped strawberries?! Come on!! You're awesome, you know that, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously... those cake pops look amazing! I'm glad I don't live closer. :)
    -Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cake pops are delicious! My family attacked them with comments of "these are my favorite cake pops ever!" Thanks Sara!

    ReplyDelete