Thursday, December 13, 2012

Allison: Christmas ABC Book

Hello, everyone!  I know we've been a little unreliable lately with posts, but we're figuring it out.  This is our first Christmas with a blog, and the balancing act is a little tricky.


Today, I'm going to share the text from the cute ABC Christmas book that I posted some pictures of last week.  This was such a fun project to put together as it brought back so many fun memories from my childhood.  In case you didn't read my last post, this ABC book was a book that my Grandma Golda put together for each of the families of her children.  The book includes a Christmas card for each letter of the alphabet, with a cute sentence.  I remember sitting for hours and looking through this book.  Sara and I have had ambitions of recreating this book for year.  We've been collecting cards, but this year I decided it was time.  Sara had given me the cards she had collected, so I made her a book first.


It was really easy to put together.  I felt a lot of freedom to make it specific for Sara's family, and didn't worry too much about making it look exactly like my Grandmother's book.  You can find the text here.
I used the font "Harrington".



I found this photo album at Joann's for $12.99.  Of course I used a coupon and it ended up being closer to $7.  I also used my favorite little paper stamp to round the edges of the letters and text (also from Joann's).  As far as the lay out of the book... that's up to you.  Have fun with it!  The book only had 10 pages, front and back, (though inserts were available), so I doubled up on some pages.

I hope you all are wrapping up your Christmas gift shopping/creating (pun intended), and have some time to relax and enjoy the season.  Until next week...


Allison

2 comments:

  1. Hi Platt girls,

    I love this ABC Christmas Card book idea, thanks so much for sharing the idea & the text your grandma wrote. So sweet! It's a week until Christmas, and I'm kinda feeling like I want to tackle this project for my kiddos. I love a homemade gift, and hope I can teach my kids to appreciate them, too. :)

    Merry Christmas,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you, Sara! I still have such fond memories of the book my grandmother made, and I'm sure that your kids will too. :) We'd love to see pics when you're done. Merry Christmas!
      -Allison

      Delete